Friday, February 3, 2017

Should I Wear Yellow & White Gold Together?



Perhaps one of the questions we're most often asked is, "Should I wear yellow gold & white gold or sterling together?"  Let me digress with an answer...over the last 30 years I've been in the jewelry business, I've noticed a change in attitudes about this question.

Years ago, ladies always wore one color or the other and never the two should meet on the same hand!  Yes, when clients walked in..our sales staff always knew that this person was a yellow gold person while the next client might be a silver or white gold only person.

A unique thing started happening over the years and that was the development of "Two Tone" jewelry.  People immediately saw that the two colors could actually compliment each other in a bracelet, ring, necklace or earrings.

Now fast forward to today and we quite often see ladies wearing a yellow gold necklace with a white gold ring...in fact, my wife Angie loves to do just that!  Of course, each and every person has their own "Sense of Style" and whats right for one may not be for another.

All this being said, we've been a highly "White Metal" dominated market for about the last decade.  However, this past year we noticed many coming in our store asking for more yellow gold.  As a matter of fact, we sold more yellow gold this Christmas than all the past 5 years combined!

Personally speaking, I like a balance of both white & yellow colored metals instead of it being completely dominated by one or the other.

How do you feel?  Drop me a line at:  goldman86@bellsouth.net and let me know!

'til next time,

Bill Warren, DDJ (Doctor of Dynamic Jewelry) & Gemologist
www.hudsongoldmine.com
828-726-1009

No comments: